|Ascidian bead experiment|
After spending a crazy time at the flame on with Robert Mickelson, Chris Arnold and of course Loren Stump (plus heaps of other lovely lampwork peeps), I then got to help out at the studio for Robert who is a really lovely bloke and a great teacher. Unfortunately I didn't get to stay the whole time (friends wedding in Victoria) but the students were producing really amazing things!
After all my travelling around and being away from my own torch I have been rather desperate to melt some glass too and since I got home that is just what I have been doing. I spent some time today on my first ever fusing project to give my new (and much larger) kiln a good run. Here's a pic of the project before it went into the kiln. I had some 104 sheet glass laying around and decided to use a whole lot of the knobby ends of old and crappy murrini pulls with the odd lump of "other" also all in 104 COE of course.
|Sharks Vomit - Pre fused|
I have decided to call this "sharks vomit" because it is basically a mish mash of all my scrappy ends and bad murrini pulls. It had great potential to just all smoosh together and looks really foul, but then again... it also might come out rather fun! If it turns out at all I am going to slump it into a greenware plate mold I bought a little while ago which I think might look rather funky!
Oh..... on a VERY happy note, my work has been accepted by the wonderful people at the Canberra Glassworks Gallery........YAHOOOOOOOO!