Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Welcome to the rantings and ravings by a lampwork girl

Well, I have never done this sort of thing before, so it should be a real steep learning curve!


I suppose this is where I can put down some random thoughts and some of the background behind my crazy glass ideas (for those that don't know me, I tend to have some bizarre idea and then HAVE to try it out).

A brief introduction to me:

I am in my early 40's and have been lampworking since 2007 when I managed to scam a lot of equipment out of my lovely husband Leo - torch, kiln, oxycon and loads of glass. I am sure he was just extremely worried that I wouldn't cope with turning 40 and was mostly just buying himself a slightly less psycho wife (I didn't cope with turning 30... not very well anyway).

My birthday party was fancy dress and here's a pic of us all dressed up as bogans and molles (very 80's) its me on the top left. This pic was set up the same as a family photo done at a studio 20 years or so earlier. My brother Glenn, sister Amanda and parents Faye and Pat all have a fairly dry sense of humour (esp dad). We are still trying to convince Mum that the photo should be put up right next to the dressed up studio one so she can show visitors how far we've all come.... cough cough.....LOL!


Well I had better not crap on too much or there will be nothing to say on here next time.

Nat :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment